One of the common challenges we face in Revit is trying to update a model, as fast as changes are occurring in the design process. If you too are struggling with this, try to keep these questions in the back of your mind as you model:
- Is this change worth commiting to the model now or will a sketch suffice?
- I know I can update some things very quickly in a model, but what things are taking time? Cleanups? Sitework?
- If this change is taking so long my way, there must be a better way? Ask around!
- How can I reduce or eliminate this unneccessary source of lost time and get the output I really need?
- Do I need to be this specific this soon in the process? Or is coarse data not only faster, but more desirable at this stage?