Revit has had a Filter function since release 9. By adding a Comment to any instances of infilling walls and filtering out the visibility of the walls based on the Comment added you can hide infilling walls from any of your views.
- Place an existing wall and door in any existing plan view.
- Demo your door in the new construction phase.
- Select the infill wall and add a value to the Comments instance parameter under element properties.
- Go to the Filters tab in the Visibility/Graphic Overides of your new construction view.
- Define a new filter for Walls and select Filter by: Comments... equals. Type in the value you used in the Comments field earlier.
- Insert your new Filter into this view's Visibility/Graphics and turn off its visibility. Do the same for all views where you would like to hide infill walls.
- Unjoin the geometry of the infill wall and its host wall if you can't see where they meet in 3D or elevation views.